Jill BelascoBoard Member
Jill Belasco is an accomplished entrepreneur and corporate executive whose leadership and impact are widely recognized in the cosmetic and fragrance industry. She also is a spirited advocate and philanthropist for clean water, the environment, education, and the advancement of women and girls.
Coscentrix / Soap and Water. Ms. Belasco is the founder and Chief Executive of Coscentrix (www.coscentrix.com), a Los Angeles-based manufacturer of private label home fragrances and personal care products. She also founded and leads Soap and Water, a mission-based business that designs and produces branded soaps, shampoos, and other products, profits from which are directed to water and environmental organizations. The company’s mantra is “Soap and Water, Clean Water Through Soap.”
Maesa Group. Ms. Belasco recently served as CEO of the Maesa Group (www.maesa.com), a French publicly-traded company that designs, manufactures, and distributes private-label cosmetics, personal care, fragrance, and gift products for retailers and brands around the world. In this role, Jill was chiefly responsible for strategy, growth, and innovation across Maesa’s four divisions: Maesa Beauty, Maesa Home, Maesa Packaging, and Maesa Studio.
Latitudes International. Ms. Belasco founded Latitudes International Fragrance and established the company as an innovative designer and manufacturer of high-quality home fragrance products. Clients included Pier 1, Bath & Body Works, Pottery Barn, The Body Shop, Estee Lauder, Williams Sonoma, Old Navy, Crabtree & Evelyn, Trish McEvoy, Starwood Hotels, and Frederick’s of Hollywood. In 2007, Ms. Belasco engineered the sale of Latitudes to the Maesa Group, where she was appointed and served as CEO.
Earlier Career. In addition to her entrepreneurial success, Jill has more than twenty years of senior sales management and marketing experience in the cosmetic, fragrance, and accessory industries. She has held national management positions for some of the world's leading fragrance companies and retail chains, including Halston - Orlane, Charles of the Ritz, May Department Stores, and Colonia-Muehlens 4711.
Honors and Awards
- Entrepreneur Magazine “Woman of the Year” in 2005
- Beauty Industry West “Entrepreneur of the Year” in 2007
- Cosmetic Executive Women Achiever Award Honoree in 2012
- Outstanding Business Woman of the Year for Retailers in Los Angeles.
- Finalist, Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Women Who Make a Difference,” 2005, 2006
- Under her leadership, Latitudes International Fragrance and the Maesa Group received multiple FiFi awards for product excellence in the fragrance industry.
Boards, Memberships & Philanthropy
- Chairwoman, Fragrance Foundation, www.fragrance.org
- Board Member, Cosmetic Executive Women, www.cew.org/eweb
- Board Member, Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in Los Angeles, www.fidm.edu
- Member, Clinton Global Initiative, www.clintonglobalinitiative.org
- Member, Water.org, www.water.org
- Board Member, EarthEcho International, a non-profit organization led by Philippe Cousteau that focuses on youth involvement in water and environmental causes; www.earthecho.org
- Member, National Association of Women Business Owners, www.nawbo.org
- Former Chairwoman, The Mentoring Connection, www.mentoringconnection.com
- Chairwoman, Belasco Family Foundation, which provides college scholarships for young musicians, www.jazzonthepond.org